The highest attainment in life is not in having servants but in being a servant. The importance of a man in a place is in involvement in service – willingly engaging in activities that bring impact and benefit to someone else. Doing the utmost to add value to another is an impact that will last for a lifetime. Jesus placed a high premium on this because it is centered on others, not on ourselves.
Requirements to serve God:
1. A willing heart and reverence for God. God is much more interested in the quality of work that we do for Him than the quantity. Service without a willing mind is hypocrisy Psalm 2:11
2. A desire to please God and walk in His ways. Our hearts seeking God and finding pleasure in Him above all else. Your value in life depends on what you do. Psalm 101:5
3. Loyalty To God. Matt. 6:24; Col. 3:22. This is a fundamental prerequisite for serving God. We cannot please God with our service if we are not loyal to Him.; if we do not give Him our heart and commitment. Joshua 24:15. It is God that makes a man, not what he has done. May we be loyal to God!
4. A desire to be led by the Holy Spirit. By recognizing our utter weakness and inability to do God’s work by our own strength and wisdom.; trusting in Him to do all things. Rom. 7:6; Gal. 5:16,25.
5. Humility. When used of God, we should always remember that God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. Acts 20:19; Romans 12”11
6. Love for others. Galatians 5:13; Luke 4:118