CHRIO SEED OF LIFE CHURCH
(Formerly Christ Foundation Gospel Ministries)
Apatapiti Layout Phase 2, Orunmoluyi Street, Opposite Zion City Hostel, FUTA.
Date: 24th November, 2015
THEME: CHRIST IN YOU
TOPIC: Christ In You
MAIN TEXT: Colossians 1:15-29
MEMORY VERSE: Galatians 2:20 (I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live: yet not I: but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. KJV).
Additional Scriptural References: Jn. 14:20; 17:23; Rom. 8:10; Gal. 2:20; Eph. 3:17-19; Col. 1:27; 1 Jn. 3:24; Rev. 3:20; 2 Cor. 4:6-7; Gal. 1:15,16; 4:19; 2 Thess. 1;10.
There is a tremendous transformation that comes about when Christ is allowed to live within us through salvation. We are changed through Christ and enabled to live in a new way. When Christ dwells within us, we enter a new life path. We seriously strive to fulfill all the potential now made available to us, allowing the truths of the Scriptures and the power of the Holy Spirit to be reflected in the totality of our lives. This lesson reminds us of the necessity of demonstrating the reality of Christ in us. It speaks of the need to think, speak and act in a Christ-like manner.
- What is the mystery that represents the word of God in its fullness? Discuss with reference to these scriptures: 1:27; Rom. 11:25-36; Eph. 3:3-6; Eph. 1:9,10; Gal. 4:5-7.
- Why was the mystery hidden from men? Discuss with reference to these scriptures: 1 Cor. 1:287-29; 2:7-8; Luke 23:34.
- Why does Christ desire to be in us? Discuss with reference to these scriptures: Rom. 8:29; Col. 1:27; 3:4; Isa. 42:6; Rom. 8:11; Eph. 1:13-18; 3:19.
- How does Christ live in us? Discuss with reference to these scriptures: Rom. 8:9-11; Jn. 15:7; Col. 3:16.
- What does Jesus Christ do when we allow Him to live in us? Discuss with reference to these scriptures: Phil. 2:13; 2 Cor. 4:7.
- What is our role in having Christ in us? Discuss with reference to these scriptures: 1 Jn. 2:6; Eph. 4:22-24; 2 Cor. 13:5; Jn. 14:21-23; Col. 3:1-4; 1 Jn. 3:24.
- What will be the outcome of our lives as a result of Christ living in us?
As Christ continues to dwell within us, we reflect His nature, lifestyle and teachings. These means demonstrating in our choices that we have been changed spiritually and now are followers of the Lord Jesus Christ. Let us, then, allow the Lord Jesus to dwell richly in us, so that we can be the people God has ordained us to be from the foundation of the world.