CHRIO SEED OF LIFE CHURCH
(Formerly Christ Foundation Gospel Ministries)
Apatapiti Layout Phase 2, Orunmoluyi Street, Opposite Zion City Hostel, FUTA.
Date: 14th July, 2015.
THEME: LIVING IN THE KINGDOM: GOD REIGNS
TOPIC: Knowing the Guide
MAIN TEXT: John 10: 1-18
MEMORY VERSE: Psalms 32: 8 ( I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. NIV).
As Christians, our lives are tied up with God’s plans and purpose, not only for the time being but for eternity! Life is not meaningless or haphazard since we belong to God. We count for something good in His Kingdom. Because God has drawn us into His family, He gently guides us in all things so that we can be fashioned after the image of Christ. Our prayer is that God would make the light of the knowledge of Christ to shine in our hearts so that we may become more like Him.
- Why is it important that we must learn to know Jesus Christ as our Guide? Verses 11-13.
- How can we know if we are being led of the Lord in our daily life? Verse 16.
- What should be our attitude in learning to know Jesus Christ as our only Guide? Verses 4 and 5.
- Discuss practical ways in which we can follow the leading of God in our daily life.
- How does verse 4 assure us of the abiding presence of God in our lives?
- How can this enable us to put all our confidence in Jesus Christ? Verses 14-15.
Since we have come to know Jesus Christ as the Guide, He is removing our despair and hopelessness; and is replacing it with a sense of confidence, hope and joy. This knowledge will bring a calm assurance whatever the situation or decision we face. We will then have a peaceful mind because we know that God Himself directs us, supports us and equips us.
- Day by Day Guidance by Paul Little (Falcon 1976).
- The Fight by John White (IVP 1977).